- Excelsior Care Group
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
2960 Cross Bronx Expy Ext
Why Throgs Neck Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
At Throgs Neck Center, our residents wellbeing is our highest priority. Our staff is dedicated to your recovery and will ensure that your stay is comfortable and pleasant from beginning to end!
Our renowned medical team is comprised of expert specialists dedicated in the fields of orthopedics, cardiology, wound care, pain management and internal medicine. They closely guide our residents through the recovery process engaging them in their treatment and accelerating healing.
Throgs Neck Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is seeking an RN Nurse Manager, candidate sought for immediate opportunity for a 41 bed unit. RN Nurse Manager must have good physical assessment skills, be self-directed and able to multitask. Candidate should be able to function in a leadership role to coordinate resident care on the unit. Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with staff, physicians, and resident s families are essential. Should be current on nursing home regulations, care plans, and MDS.
We are a 205 bed skilled nursing 5 star CMS rated facility, the preferred choice for our Bronx community. We are focused on resident centered care and always striving to raise the bar in clinical excellence. We are looking for this individual to be responsible for overseeing and ensuring excellent resident care with their unit and facility.
RN Registered Nurse Unit Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Director of Nursing
- Assesses resident needs
- Develops individual care plans
- Work with the MDS coordinator
- Administers nursing care
- Evaluates nursing care and supervises Licensed Practical Nurses, Nurses Aides and other personnel in the delivery of nursing care.
RN Registered Nurse Unit Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care on a 24 hour basis.
- Holds regular scheduled meetings for nursing and ancillary staff to discuss goals and problems in order to promote better nursing care and strengthen staff relationships and rapport.
- Utilizes knowledge of current trends and practice standards of nursing including acute, geriatric, and rehabilitative concepts to coordinate staff responsibility for providing quality care on unit
- Participates in physician rounds, wound rounds, team conferences, care meetings and in-services.
- Responsible for keeping Nursing Administration apprised of resident problems/concerns.
- Other responsibilities as directed.
RN Registered Nurse Unit Manager Qualifications:
- Current License and registration as a professional Registered Nurse in New York State.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive nursing practice with managerial experience
- Effective interpersonal ability and skills.
- SigmaCare (EMR) experience a big plus.
- MDS experience a Plus.
- No calls please.
- Job Type: Full-time
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, infusion, intensive, intensive care, psychiatric, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...